2011년 9월 9일 금요일

Assignment#1

Assignment #1


Two styles, two different hearts and two different feelings are the ways my life has. It seems quite ironic because I sometimes feel like I have two different personalities, though not a 'double personality syndrome'. However, this kind of personality I have made me write somewhat differently  from others. My previous writing class teacher described me as ‘a person who can write two essays that others won’t know that they were written by the same person

Well, maybe this is because my emotional changes are very severe, or I could be just sentimental. But personally, I don’t hate  these feelings that bring some kind of inspirations to me. These inspirations have got to be very special to me, because they are the motivations for me to write a literary work. Novel, poem, or just any kinds of work that comes to my mind are written with my inspiration.

These two emotional changes make me sometimes cynical and sometimes very serious. For me, I usually write novels when I become cynical and I write poems or essays when I’m very serious. For example, When I wrote a short story ,  Mr. Johnson said my work made him greatly moved. I don’t have a copy of  it now, but  Mr. Johnson might have it. It was about my story , how my destiny was first chosen to be in KMLA. It was also a story about me and a Buddhist temple, where it had roofing tiles to write wishes on it. After the wishes are written on it, it is used to repair the old tiles on the temple. I had no idea by that time why I wrote ‘I will enter KMLA!’ on the tile. I felt like I was possessed by some kind of mystic soul. Now, I’m here, writing this essay in KMLA.

However, I become very cynical when I’m in a bad mood. I used to write novels when I don’t feel good. Once, I had written a novel ( which was a fantasy novel ) that had severe criticism towards the educational system in Korea. I feel sometimes weird that I attain the clear sight through the world when I’m in “Cynical mode”. Therefore, I can write the critical essay or writing just about anything. But the problem is, I have to be in a bad mood when I want to write extremely cynical essay.

I really like fantasy novels, because I can extract my personal thoughts and pour it back to the novel. Not only reading I love, but also writing . I give some romantic elements to the novel. That's why I don’t have a girlfriend. I’m currently trying to find out how to make cheesy things such as magic into a none-cheesy writing. These kinds of aspects are included in my writings. It’s not perfect nor it’s very concise. However, I’m in KMLA to improve, therefore I will keep challenge on writing.

댓글 1개:

  1. Your "roof tile" essay sounds great, and I like the images you can play with in a setting such as a temple. The incense, chanting, colors etc. all make for a strong opportunity to write descriptively. You really should post it.

    Your writing is pretty solid, and while the grammar isn't perfect it is at a point where some hard work will pay off. I suggest you rewrite and reread and work towards perfect drafts - which will help eliminate the little mistakes. Trial and error. Get a friend to read your work.

    Also, keep in mind that "novels" are classified as thick books, so I think you mean short stories. In any case, I look forward to giving you guys chances to write creatively. Keep the Hero's Journey in mind.

    Good start to the semester.

    답글삭제