2011년 12월 10일 토요일

Review of Dayan Co. 5th cube modified Edition Zanchi

Review of Dayan Co. 5th cube modified Edition Zanchi



About 3 months ago, during the summer vacation, I found out that prototype of new edition of Dayan Company’s cube “Zanchi” has launched. For the ‘normal’ cube manias like me, it is almost impossible to get the prototype, because the number of prototype is less than a thousand, so people line up in front of company’s door a week before it’s launched. I decided to buy it after it is launched public version directly from China, because some prototypes may have flaws and also if I buy cube after it is launched in Korea, I would wait more than a month after it is launched in China. Which means you cannot get an early number of an official card of Zanchi. If you buy a cube, there comes a special card with a number on it. It is more precious if the number is small. When buying a cube in Korea, It is most likely to get a cube card with a number higher than 100,000. However, through personal route, I succeeded in buying Zanchi after three days it was launched. (Number was 1377, pretty low)
Again, through my secret route, I was able to contact with cube modifier. I asked him to modify my cube corner, edge and core. He changed Zanchi’s core with Old-A core, which is really rare in Korea-because cube with Old-A core are not produced anymore-. After modifying, it is called Elite Zanchi inside the cube manias’ café. Here is the review of my cube Zanchi.

Cornercutting : ★★★☆☆ :Original
                       ★★★★★ :Modified
Cornercutting is to turn the right side of the cube with the top side of the cube turned. The bigger angle top side is turned, the better the cornercutting of that cube is. Unlike original Zanchi, Elite Zanchi was marvelous in cornercutting. It almost turned 60 degrees, and still working.
It would be the best cornercutting cube untill now.

 This is the video of cornercutting














Speed : ★★★★☆ :Original
            ★★★★★ :Modified
There are some cubes that are faster than this cube. This is because Zanchi used a special thorn technique to prevent cube explosion, which made speed a bit slower. However, Elite Zanchi grinded part of this thorn, letting the speed to reborn.


Explosion ★★★★★ :Original
               ★★★★☆ :Modified
After modifiying it, it made a bit more explosion of Zanchi. As I said, modifier grinds a bit of this thorn, made explosion occur more frequently.


Technique ★★★★☆ :Original
                ★★★★★ :Modified


















Overall :   ★★★★#☆ :Original (4.5)
               ★★★★★ :Modified



The best cube ever!

댓글 2개:

  1. Glad to see something unique reviewed. What an interesting hobby - I didn't know there such a 'society' of cubists out there. Thank you for fixing the cube in my class. I've noticed it's become very loose from all the use it gets. Only you seem to solve it though. Cool review.

    답글삭제
  2. Okay... looks like you kind of missed the bus on the rest of the semester after your mid term. Really, I don't see much reason for it - because you started the year off pretty solidly and ARE a good writer. You're really going to have to buckle down in the coming semesters. Please do. I like you, and think you have great potential. Buckle down, and don't "squander" it.

    답글삭제